All Californians deserve healthy lives, lower healthcare costs, tobacco-free communities, and an environment free of the tobacco industry’s toxic waste. Select from the options below to see how we can best serve you.
Find your local health department
There are programs located throughout the state. Services they provide may include:
- Quitting support programs or referrals to programs in your area.
- Answering questions or concerns about the youth vaping epidemic.
- Information and/or assistance in dealing with secondhand smoke or vape exposure in your community.
- Assistance in implementing tobacco-free public policies.
- Ensuring that tobacco retailers comply with state and local licensing laws.
- Monitoring tobacco industry activities in your community.
- You may view an online directory that lists specific services conducted by each program, including statewide programs offering technical assistance and trainings.
California Smokers' HelplineFree, personalized telephone support from trained counselors
QuitNetOnline support and quitting information
La Linea de Ayuda Para Fumadores de CaliforniaEn Español: 1-800-45-NO FUME
American Lung AssociationQuitting information and facts on tobacco-related heart diseases
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Smoking and Tobacco UseQuitting information and data
American Cancer SocietyQuitting information and helpful tips 1-800-ACS-2345
Smokefree.govQuitting information and telephone counseling for residents outside of California 1-800-QUIT NOW
American Heart AssociationQuitting information and health assessments
National Cancer InstituteQuitting information and telephone counseling 1-877-44U-QUIT
U.S. Department of Defense Quit Tobacco CampaignOffers free online support to help service members quit tobacco
Hold the industry accountable
California has already protected people from other harmful products, and it's time to hold the tobacco industry to the same standards.